Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The Darling Couple

In all the decades I have been a Catholic, I’ve known many a couple in love. Usually, they are the older ones who have weathered storms together, not kept score, and take delight in being in each other’s presence.

It is normal to see this in Catholic parishes. However, one couple stands out. Their names are John and Susie and I see them at a parish where I am a cantor.

Recently, I sang an Ave Maria at a funeral at which they were in attendance. After the Mass, John and Susie who look to be in their late sixties or early seventies came up to the altar where I was packing my things to leave to compliment my efforts. They were hand in hand, and smiling from ear to ear, two having been one for what was obviously a very long time.

It was, to put it plainly, sweet. So sweet. Every Sunday they are at that parish, it is the same. John and Susie are an example of what outward Catholic marriage is about I would imagine. Being single, I’ve yet to experience that, but their happiness shines through from the soul.

I hope if I do find a worthy husband, we can exhibit the same peace and joy that John and Susie bring to Church every Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

U.S. Grace Force Podcast Worth The Time

 Our culture is full of a lot that is not real. That includes the cult of celebrity. In this U.S. Grace Force Podcast, Father Rich and Dave ...